CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Poor Little Syd!!


What a night!! Poor Sydney landed herself into the ER last night. She was out playing golf with Carson & he hit her in the mouth on his back swing. (this was with daddy's BIG golf clubs) Unfortunately for Syd, Carson can swing them pretty hard. She never cried until she found out she was going to the ER. She just came running in the house yelling, "I got hit"! Holding her mouth with blood EVERYWHERE! God Bless her! Not sure where all the blood was coming from, I was relieved when I saw all her teeth in place. The cut was in her lip. Carson felt so bad! He was crying saying, "I never hit anyone ever, ever again", "I sorry Syd". Abby stayed with the kids while we took Syd to get fixed. She is ALWAYS a trooper! They wrapped her in a sheet like a burrito to keep her still while they stitched her up. I told them they wouldn't need to do this because she had gotten stitches in her knee before & I knew she was tough as nails. When they did her knee she watched the entire process & never fought them once. (without being restrained) So, for this one I didn't want the dumb sheet wrapped around her to scare her when she was so calm. But, what do I know, I'm just her mom. Although I know most couldn't do what she did & they would fight back & there could have been a real problem had she moved. But I'm telling you, I know my girl! She never cried, never said a peep, didn't move her head, she didn't make one move, she just laid there. In fact, at one point I thought she had fallen asleep or passed out she was so calm! The nurse & doctor were so proud of her & couldn't believe how she was acting. Poor little Syd! Daddy & I are so proud of her, she is the bravest little girl we know! Her lip is quite swollen today & it makes eating & drinking difficult. She doesn't want any utensils touching it, she can't open her mouth too wide, shut her mouth or smile. Ahh...I feel so bad. But she is still cute as ever, even with her fat little lip.

We are very blessed it wasn't worse.

1 comment:

jaci said...

Oh poor Syd! She must be tough! That would really hurt! Carson is so cute to feel so bad. We hope it heals really quick so she will be able to eat and smile really soon! We'll be thinking of you Syd!

I know sometimes the doctors and nurses do things that you know isn't going to work for you child, but I guess they do know best, but it's hard to watch! She was so brave!