CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010

First off I hate that I'm blogging with no pictures to post! You ask, "Why can't you post pictures"? To this I answer....the children loose MY things! My USB cord has gone missing & I am not able to upload pictures. My camera was full & needed to be emptied to take pictures Christmas morning. I uploaded all my pictures before bed on Christmas Eve, by afternoon on Christmas day...disappeared! Urgh....this aggravates me to no end! So anyhoo....
Happy New Year! I hope you had a beautiful holiday season & that the new year brings many blessings to your life! I feel so blessed with all our family & friends. Although many are away, you are constantly felt in our hearts! We started December off with a visit from my parents. They ALWAYS come the first or second week of December with a 'Special Delivery'. More precious than their 'delivery' is us just spending time together! Only seeing each other a few times a year I cherish our visits. They were able to see Carson's Christmas program at school & Abby cheer at a basketball game. I think the highlight for the kids is going to Happy Hour with Nana & Papa! :) Mom & I even had an opportunity to go shopping & lunch just the two of us! Trust me...that's rare! I have three girls remember!? If mom & Nana are going, they are going! We had a really great visit & so glad they were able to come.
The kids had been so excited about Christmas! They were ALL excited, but this year if I had to pick one that was SUPER excited it would be Mattie. She was so excited about what she had asked for, two things in particular. A NorthFace jacket & an I-Pod. It's ALL she could talk about! She was counting down days & then hours...it was so cute! Now, don't get me wrong, they were ALL excited, it just seemed Mattie was over the top! I am not with other kids Christmas morning, but I have to tell you....Ours is the Happiest Bunch! They are so happy & so animated, it makes it ALL worth it! (but then again...at this moment I have no pictures to show you)
Over the last couple of weeks I had been thinking back to when I was a kid & how special our Christmases were. I LOVED the way our house was decorated for Christmas! My dad always put lights on the house & my mom had such beautiful decorations in the house. I LOVED all her Christmas albums she played & I would sing along & dance in the living room in front of her gigantic mirror on the wall. I LOVED going to my Grandma & Grandpa Oliver's on Christmas Eve with ALL my cousins, aunts & uncles. I LOVED us being together more than anything! I would somehow always persuade my Aunt Julie to play Christmas songs on the piano (every year she'd claim she'd forgotten how to play) so I could sing along. I LOVED the singing Santa grandma had hanging in her house & grandpa would hold me up to pull the string. The next morning after we opened our gifts we would proudly display what we had gotten in our rooms. We took turns driving to everyone's house (there was 5) to visit & see what they had gotten. Then we would end up back at Grandma & Grandpa's. I have such fond memories & can't believe so much time has passed! This year in all my gift buying I thought back to how my Dad ALWAYS took Dusty & I shopping to buy my Mom her Christmas gift. He let us do the picking, with a little guidance of course. One thing we always got her was pretty pajamas, robe & slippers. I really LOVED that we got to go shopping with him to pick out her gift.
So many wonderful memories & so many more to make!
God Bless you & your families in the year ahead!

No comments: