CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Preparation

It's that time a year again, each year it sneaks up faster & faster. I really enjoy Halloween. I LOVE seeing all the kids in their costumes. My kids have always gotten so excited carefully planning what their costumes will be. They LOVE picking out & carving their pumpkins. I think Halloween is fun & doesn't offend me at all. People can read way too far into Halloween, just let it be fun.
So, it was time for us to prepare for our Halloween festivities. The kids couldn't wait to clean out their pumpkins & get them carved. I made a few treats for the girls classes. Abby says I've lost my mind & why do I do these things. She says she's not doing all these crazy things when she's a mom, she's just sending in a package of store bought cookies. I made little ghost cookies, spider lolly-pops & cupcakes stuffed with green pudding. 48 cupcakes, 48 spiders & 30 something ghosts. (Maybe Abby has a point) Happy children...PRICELESS!! Then I had to work on Abby's costume. She's going to be a scarecrow for a Halloween party. (she better be careful around the bomb-fire) The little kids are so excited about Halloween! They have a big parade at school. But it's NOT a Halloween parade, it's a Book Character parade. We have to carefully re-word things, we wouldn't want to offend anyone. So they proudly walk around in their costume carrying their book. They especially love trick or treating, I love trick or treating too. I think it's so fun to take the kids around the neighborhood. It's great fun & I always loved it as a kid.
I'll post our Halloween photos soon.
Happy Halloween!
They are so FUNNY! They LOVE the slime, don't let them fool you!


Abby dipping oreos into chocolate for our ghosts
Here they are...kinda funny
Spider lolly-pops

The little cuties w/their Jack-O-Lanterns



They proudly displayed them lit up on the porch. Although Carson didn't want his on the bottom, he was affraid a big dog would eat it!

1 comment:

jaci said...

Such cute pictures, and the treats you made are so cute! You are so creative Teri! I love Halloween too! We also have a Book parade! How lame is that! You are suppose to carry the book around while you parade, half the kids don't. i'm surprised they even have a school party still! I tried making ghost cookies out of Nutter Butters and dipping them in white chocolate. They turned out pretty good. I was kind of creative this year! Your kids are getting so big! I think Carson had a growing spurt! Take care! Love and miss you all!