Doug & I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary yesterday. It sure is hard to believe 15years have gone by. I will always remember seeing Doug for the first time & how handsome I thought he was. When I got to know him, he was so easy to talk to, he was such a thoughtful & caring guy. I fell head over heels in love! I was devastated to learn Doug had been stationed to North Carolina & was leaving in one month. That's when we decided we should get married. His story differs from mine, he will tell you I proposed! I don't believe this to be true. We married & moved to North Carolina after knowing each other 2 months. We married so quickly, that we didn't have a church wedding, so after 5 years of marriage we remarried in the church with our family & friends present. Here we are 15 years later & four beautiful children. I'm sure there were skeptics, but there you have it! This year our anniversary gift to each other was a new kitchen table. We bought our old table when I was pregnant with Abby. Our family has grown a bit since then & we thought it was about time to update. My mom & dad gave us a night away from home, we'll take them up on their offer in the near future. We won't know how to act without any kids around! Thanks mom & dad! Anissa surprised us with a very sweet gift, you'll see below. She is a tricky friend! She took the picture off the blog & had it made! Thank you very much, it is so special, I LOVE it!!
Happy Anniversary Doug, I love you!

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that it has been 15 years either! Wow! You guys are such wonderful examples to us. You are such a neat couple and great parents and we really do look up to you! Hope you had a great anniversary!
I love the table, it is beautiful, and the plate is so neat.
Love you all
Hi Teri,
Thanks for the note! It's always fun to make more blogging buddies. My mom & I went to dinner with Karen just last week and she gave us your family update. Your mom always sends a cute photos in the Christmas card...I loved the beach theme this year. Your kids are adorable and you & your hubby are a dashing couple! Congrats on 15 years. Cheers to many more.
~Wendy
Post a Comment