CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Valentines Day











What a Valentines Day! I started the day off by making pancakes for the kids. I cut out a heart placed it on the pancake & sifted powder sugar over the top, pulled off the heart and there you have it, a cute little heart design. The table was decorated & I hung hearts over the table from the ceiling. The kids had a 'cup of love' from mom, a cup with a hot chocolate packet in it, with a paper heart on the front that said, 'Cup of Love'. The had a nice breakfast full of love! I packed their lunches full of love. The had heart sandwiches, heart brownies & a valentine tucked inside. Carson & I went to Sydney school party, they are so cute to watch! That evening I prepared a romantic family dinner. The girls helped get the table ready with candles & wine glasses. They think they are so cool drinking out of a fancy wine glass! Mattie made a special place setting for everyone & told them why she thought they were so special! I decided this year I was NOT buying a Valentine's Day card for Doug. They are insanely overpriced, which I know he enjoys reading it at the moment & proudly displays it, but then it's thrown in the trash, almost five dollars worth of card! I rather give him a five dollar bill with a paper heart attached, then he could go buy lunch or something. So I decided to make him a beautiful card, I invested a whole dollar! I must tell you, I was so proud of my card! Friday night Doug & I went to Brad Paisley, he was so AWESOME!! We had never seen him in concert & I must say we were so proud watching him knowing he is from Doug's town. He is a fabulous performer, such an AMAZING talent! We had a GREAT night. It's always nice to spend a night with just Doug & I, it doesn't happen very often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I can see the pictures...frames painted in the background. Post some pictures of your fancy table, sofa, coffee tables and entertainment center! Can't wait to see them! Anissa

jaci said...

Oh that is such a fun day! Your card for Doug was so thoughtful. I hate spending money on cards too! I rarely buy but this year I found a pretty good one and I had to get it.
Brad Paisley just came here, and I wanted to go so bad! I knew that he was from Doug's hometown, that is so neat. That sounds like a fun night.
Hope all is going good. Love you all.
Jaci
Abby looks so cute in braces! I've been there, done that. It is good to get it over while your young! She is beautiful!